Rocky Horror Picture Show
A FILM BY: Jim Sharman
STARRING: Tim Curry, Susan Sarandon, Richard O'Brien, Charles Gray, Meatloaf, Barry Bostwick
***Wednesday, 10/31 11:00pm- SOLD OUT***
This notorious horror parody — a fast-paced potpourri of camp, sci-fi and rock ‘n’ roll, among other things — tracks the exploits of naïve couple Brad (Barry Bostwick) and Janet (Susan Sarandon) after they stumble upon the lair of transvestite Dr. Frank-N-Furter (Tim Curry). The film — a bizarre musical co-starring Meat Loaf and Richard O’Brien — bombed in its initial release but later gained a cult following at midnight showings.
For 40 years, The Rocky Horror Picture Show has delighted audiences and terrified parents. The Music Box Theatre is the proud Chicago home of The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Every screening has a shadowcast of the film (that’s actors acting in front of the screen during the film), and the Halloween screenings are known to sell out!
The Midnight Madness Virgin Kit
The Midnight Madness Virgin Kit (or “prop bag”) contains all you need for a Rocky Horror showing. Midnight Madness sells participation kits at The Music Box for $3. The performers do not get paid for performing at any venue, and 100% of the proceeds from kit sales go back to cast costumes, props, promotions, etc.
Do not throw objects at the screen — that’s just not cool and can damage a very expensive screen. Thanks!
Using your Prop Bag items
- Balloon: During the song “Science Fiction Double Feature”, pop at the “When worlds collide” lyric.
- Glow Stick / flashlight: (no lighters, matches, flammables due to fire code restrictions) During the song “There’s a Light (Over at the Frankenstein Place)”, light up at the “There’s a Light” chorus.
- How to Time Warp Flier: During the “Time Warp”, get up and dance!
- Rubber Glove: During the Time Warp, get up and dance!
- Noisemakers: During the “Lab” scene, make a noise when the Transylvanian Guests use their noisemakers.
- Confetti: At the end of the “Lab” scene, when the wedding march is being played, throw some.
- Toilet Paper: When Dr. Scott makes his entrance and Brad exclaims “Great Scott!”, use some.
- Party Hat: During dinner, Frank will put on his party hat, and you should too — it’s a party now!
- Paper Plates: Use when Frank pulls the table cloth off the dinner table.
- Bell: Ring when Frank is chasing Janet after dinner and asks the musical question “Did you hear a bell ring?” and during the song “Planet Schmanet”.
- Sponges: Use when Columbia makes her “bitch out” speech and says to Frank, “You’re like a sponge!”
- Cards: Bring them out after The Floor Show, when Frank sits down and sings the line, “cards for sorrow, cards for pain”.
- Rope: Use when the rope falls from the rigging after Riff finishes shooting.
- Hot dogs and prunes
- Water guns
Production Year: 1975
Country of Origin: United States
Run Time: 100 mins